About the Software QA and Testing Resource Center
and the author:
This web site is oriented to:
- experienced software QA and testing engineers who need some quick information from the convenience of their desktop
- those new to testing and software QA
- anyone who has an interest in software development processes
- those hired as either testers or QA personnel, but who end up performing both testing and QA roles (a common situation)
The author has no particular justification for his authorship of this web site other than:
- real-world software testing, test automation, QA, management, and development experience in a wide variety of software development organizations ranging from small to large, and chaotic to highly structured.
- project, contract, consulting experience with a wide variety of organizations
- experience as a speaker at numerous software QA and testing conferences in the U.S. and Europe
- a willingness to do the work of developing the site
- a willingness to express his (admittedly biased) ideas
- a need to collect a variety of useful QA and testing information in one organized and convenient place, since his collection of yellow sticky notes has gotten out of hand
- a willingness to consider additions/corrections/suggestions
Date of first web publication of this site: November 22 1996.
Approximate number of visitors to this web site since inception: 7.2 million
This site has not been tested on all versions of all browsers - if you have any problems viewing it, send info re the problem, platform, browser, and browser version to the e-mail link at bottom of this page.